Accra Beach Barbados
What makes Accra Beach one of the top beaches in Barbados?
Also known as Rockley Beach, this beach is an active landmark beach on the South Coast
of Barbados and is within walking distance to many well-known
restaurants, hotels, and activities.
This beach is known for its water sports activities like boogie boarding and snorkeling.
ACCRA BEACH BARBADOS
Features: White sand beach with some currents. Best for bodysurfing, windsurfing, SUP | easy highway access
Amenities: public washrooms | chair and umbrella rentals (US $15/day) | watersports | beach parking | small beach bars | mobile food trucks (local food) | mobile massage truck | jewelry hut | beachwear huts | tiki bar | off-site sports bars
ACCRA BEACH (ROCKLEY BEACH) BARBADOS LOCATION MAP
The map above shows Accra Beach and its proximity to the capital and the airport.
Click on the "+" to zoom in for a more detailed map.
View of the beach from the Accra Beach Hotel
Accra Beach is located along a popular bus route on Highway 7 about 20 minutes from Grantley Adams International Airport and 15 minutes from the capital, Bridgetown.
The location also places it near the South Coast boardwalk,
which makes for a good morning jog or an evening stroll.
taxi stand provides transportation to passersby as well as the hotel
guests staying at the nearby Accra Beach Hotel.
A mobile massage truck on the beach? Now that's one surefire way to work out the resistant knots.
The inside of the truck complete with his/hers massage beds
Here's the view. Don't know about you but I'm relaxed already..
How to Get to Accra Beach
The beach is easily accessed by public transportation (private mini vans, public buses) or by car, and has convenient shaded parking on the beach.
By Public Transportation:
All major public buses and private buses traverse this main South Coast
route on a daily basis. Bus stop is Accra Beach or Rockley Beach.
From the South Coast - Accra Beach is located on Highway 7, the main south coast road.
- Go southbound on Bay Street, the main road out of the city, towards
Hastings. Accra Beach is just a few minutes away farther south.
Chilling at Accra Beach (Rockley Beach) Barbados
Amenities Near this top Barbados Beach
Other Nearby Beaches:
- Seascape Customized Cruises – deep sea fishing (private charter), snorkeling, sunset cruises, turtle tours
Phone: 246-236-5011 | 246-237-7043 | Ryan & Barbara Trotman
- Barry’s Surf School– beginner, intermediate surf instruction
Phone: 246-256-3906 | Barry Banfield
- Dread or Dead Surf Shop - surf, SUP
Phone: 246 228-4785
email: firstname.lastname@example.org | email@example.com
- Accra Beach Hotel & Spa
- This 3-star hotel offers great value for the money. The hotel is set
in a great location on the main South Coast road, offers a lovely beach
and features an in-house kids club and spa (Chakra Spa).
- Coral Mist and Blue Orchids Hotels – two boutique hotels offering
3-star accommodations. These sister hotels sit right next to each other on
the active Highway 7 coast road.
- Worthing Court Apartment Hotel
– this apartment residence is not located on the beach. Nevertheless,
it offers basic and cheap accommodation. The restaurant offers specialty local
Champers Restaurant - View from Accra Beach
Food at Champers is consistently good. View is also spectacular.
Barbados is hot...
Barbados is hot all year round and just being on the beach alone can work up an appetite. Good news is there are plenty of options.
The beach bars at Accra Beach Barbados. Take your pick for a thirst-quenching Banks beer!
Food & Drinks:
- There are several areas on the beach where you can get something to eat. For light sandwiches and cold beverages check out the small beach bars located at the entrance to the beach.
- Champers Restaurant
lies just a little farther south of Accra Beach. The restaurant offers fine dining and is set on a small cliff-overlooking the beach -
two great features that can’t be beat.
- The local fast food eatery, Chefette,
is right across the street. This is not just a burgers and fries hot
spot. Pizza, roti*, chicken, kids meals, vegetarian meals, and ice
cream are also available. This location has a Barbeque Barn serving
pork rib platters, chicken platters, fish platters, soups and salads.
Open from 10:30 a.m. until midnight.
This is Angel, one of the local food truck vendors you will find at Accra Beach. Just follow your nose.
- A few minutes farther south is Bert's Bar, a well-established sports bar with a surprisingly extensive menu that includes brick-oven pizza, pastas, burgers, steak, seafood, and local food like Bajan soup**. Try the coconut shrimp and succulent flying fish. Bar opens at 11:00 am and hours vary depending on sporting events.
- Bubba’s Sports Bar & Restaurant – a quick five to seven minute walk south from Accra Beach. This is another local favorite sports bar with a decent menu (and decent portions) that includes pasta, soup, sandwiches and desserts. Open from 11:30 a.m. until 11:00 p.m. Hours vary depending on sporting events.
Just Grillin' Restaurant
- Chilly Moo's – A build-your-own ice cream parlor located in Quayside Center.
- Italia Coffee House – Choices include espresso, cappuccino, iced latte or
mocha frappe for the adults, and smoothies and Italian milkshakes for the kids. Open
from 7:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m.
- Just Grillin'–
located in Quayside Center. This casual bar and grill offers good
prices and is known for its excellent grilled fish. Other menu items
include flying fish, chicken, burgers, shrimp, and steak. Open from
11:30 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. Monday through Saturday. Sunday hours: 5:30
p.m. to 10:00 a.m. Take out is available. The flying fish here is delicious.
- Tiki Bar – Located along the boardwalk in the Hastings area. About a
seven to ten minute walk traveling north (toward Bridgetown) on the
main coast road.
- Rockley Golf Course - located farther inland less than one mile from Accra Beach.
- South Coast Boardwalk
- St. Lawrence Gap
* Roti is the name of an Indian flat bread that is typically eaten as a side dish with vegetables and/or meat.
In Barbados, however, the name roti refers to a chickpea coated flat bread which is stuffed with potatoes, chicken, beef, conch, goat, shrimp, or vegetables.
** Local Bajan soup is usually prepared with chicken, meat or fish and loaded with goodies like sweet potatoes, dumplings, plantains, breadfruit (another local staple) and vegetables, to name a few.
This is a hearty local favorite and not recommended for carb watchers because of its high carbohydrate content.